please place your bets on how far I’ll get before I give up.
please place your bets on how far I’ll get before I give up.
im laughing so hard because no matter what song you listen to
spiderman dances to the beat
no matter what song
ive been testing it and lauing my ass off for an hour
*hisses at Jess*
1. I can arrange 18 musicians into a somewhat functioning band playing a medley of ten songs and I am fucking proud of that I don’t care if it’s a positive thing or not I just want to say I can do it.
2. I’m a pretty good songwriter. Not brilliant but I get the words down and they sound okay…I like to think that makes them bearable to listen to (if you want an example, http://harlowrockschool.bandcamp.com/track/the-siren-song )
3. I’m quite easy to talk to. People find it easy to tell me things that are worrying them even if I don’t know how to help them out, and I like listening to people in exchange.
4. I’m stupidly loyal to people. That secret you told me when we were eight and told me never to share? Still keeping it. Your birthday coming up and I have another event on at the same time? I’ll try my damnest to do both things, but ultimately your birthday’s going to come first. I’ve only met you three times but you spilled your life story to me? Absolutely fine I’ll probably still refer to you in conversations. Hunt me down because I have food and you’re hungry? Yeah why not I’ll share *STARING AT YOU, JESS.*
5. I love to write stories. I always have ideas running through my mind, of people, places, worlds and creatures. I don’t always get them written down, but as a result I have a lot of knowledge on varying topics from name meanings to the countries cannibalism is still a legal practise in to the origin of mermaids, social dynamics of fae folk…
6. I am a history nerd and proud of it. I love walking around museums and old castles, learning stories and histories of the places I visit. Recently we went back to Wales with my family and I found out about the tradition of carving lovespoons, which I have now fallen in love with myself.
Cookiesandcthulhu you’re up!
Oh thank you so much for answering! I hope you’re okay with me asking, but I’m curious, is it just describable as a feeling? Like you’ll wake up and just FEEL more female or male, and then your attitude alters slightly as well?
1. I like to think I’m easy to talk to and easily approachable,
2. I’m pretty good with kids in the sense of kids seem to like me and listen to me and I can sing a baby to sleep quite quickly.
3. I look freaking gorgeous in my corsets and no one will convince my different.
4. I’m pretty clever (I think so anyway) and I’ve been told I’m creative
5. I’m very loyal. To my friends and my family, I’m loyal until either they betray me first or they decide I’m no longer worth their time. I’m still loyal and holding secrets of friends I haven’t spoken to for months.
Okay so I’m writing a story where the main characters are a genderfluid teenager, a lesbian person of colour, her Russian bisexual ex-lover who turns out to be part Naiad, am asexual Scottish guy who ends up with an elf-guy (possibly), and the main character’s cishet brother. All of these guys hunt supernatural creatures including mermaids (main character has scars on zir ribs and neck from an attack zie doesn’t remember), vampires, finfolk, Nymphs, werewolves, taurs, shapeshifters, faefolk, elves…pretty much a lot of different supernatural creatures.
Two questions. One: would anyone read this book if I ever finished writing it? Two: I am not genderfluid myself, so if anyone who is could let me know about things like pronouns (currently using ‘Zie/Zir/Zirself’ as gender neutral) or how the psychological side of it works (E.G: do mannerisms change or is it just the perception of yourself etc?) so I write this accurately since there’s only so much third-party research you can do.
My Dash is currently mostly Sebastian Stan’s face and it is entirely your faults.
Embracethelovelyface, embraaaace it
*hisses* I have one person obsessed with Zachary Quinto, another who will not shut up about Chris Evans, and then there’s you two fuckers posting Sebastian Stan everywhere! How am I supposed to get work done with all these distractions?!
But it’s such wonderful things we’re distracting you with!
And that just makes it harder to pull awaaaaaay! I have college work to complete! Character bios to finish! Jazzercise to attend! How am I supposed to get off ofTumblr when every time I go to close it another pretty person shows up?
Considering doing a long-haired Rose Lalonde grimdark cosplay…I have the skirt 3/4th done, and the sleeves need sewing…but would anyone like to see if I did it?
6. Do you have any strange phobias?
…using showers in hotel rooms or caravans etc. I’ll only use it after someone else in my family or that I’m staying with uses it first. It’s a long story.
18. What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
I hate the noise of cutlery scraping on plates, and I love the sound of rain on the windows.
54.You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
Flight. Save on train fares and travel fares when I come to visit people!
58. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Either Belgium or Disneyland Florida (because Harry Potter world)
60. Five hottest celebrities?
In no particular order: Zoe Saldana, Benedict Cumberbatch, Lara Jean Chorostecki, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto (and about 1001 others I could name but alas I am limited.)
feel free to add in any links!
There isn’t a day goes by that I don’t miss you. The box of your things is still in the corner of my room even two years on, and your dressmaking shears still hold pride of place in my sewing box. You were an amazing woman, strict enough to keep us in line but you never denied us anything. And you raised an equally amazing daughter, granddaughter and great-grandchildren. I wish there had been more time, more years to say everything I felt, I wish I’d done a lot of things differently, but I can’t change the past. I know you loved us and that’s enough for me. I promised myself I’d never cry for you because you once told me you’d never want to see us upset. It hurts sometimes, and I miss you. But I loved you and always will love you Daphne.